Cozy, functional and high quality Sauna Barrel with eco friendly roof is perfect for a garden, a backyard or in a campsite or other scenic location. It both decorates the environment and provides bathing pleasures. Also a regular use of sauna has obvious health benefits. This simple design is highly effective, providing maximum usable space while minimizing excess cubic feet, which means the sauna will heat quickly and efficiently.
Layout. The diameter of the sauna barrel can be chosen from 1.90 m and 2.20 m, but in this model we apply a diameter of 1.9 m. This sauna barrel has 3 m long walls. It takes up a little bit less space than our bigger sauna barrels, and thus is ideal for smoler gardens or backyards.
There are 2 layout options for this sauna barrel*:
- with 0.6 terrace and 2 benches at the front, sauna room 2.22 m, 7 m3 (standard);
- without the terrace, 2.72 m, 8 m3 sauna room;
Additionally, there are various options of windows in the back and front walls available. One of the options is to have an entire back wall made from the glass. This glass is 10 mm thick, tempered, brown-toned and covered with a 100 micron protective film. There is a special safety fence between the glass wall and a sauna heater inside. Upon customer's request, we can install a wood-fired furnace or an electric heater in the barrel sauna.
Timber. Barrel sauna can be made of spruce or thermo wood. Thickness of sauna barrel walls is 38 mm or 58 mm (you can choose one of these two dimensions if the product comes from spruce wood). Thickness of a solid wood flooring is 18 mm.
By selecting your sauna barrel from thermowood cladding you ensure a long lifespan for the barrel and less maintenance time and cost to you. The spruce wood is yellowish white with no clear difference between the heartwood and sapwood. Spruce timber is an excellent material for load-bearing structures and exterior linings. Spruce timber is easily workable and its properties make it suitable for indoor use as well as.
Regardless of what kind of wood you choose for a product, sauna benches will be made of deciduous wood. Deciduous wood is most suitable for benches due to the fact that it does not release resins in hot sauna room.
*For more information, contact the sales department
- Standard set
- Heater and Chimney Kit
- Usage and Maintenance
|Timber||Spruce / Thermowood|
|Room||One Room inside|
|Sauna area||3.6square meters|
|External dimension||2006 x 3060mm|
|Door size||690 x 1600mm|
|Window size||213 x 665mm|
|Terrace||600 x 1900mm|
|Sauna barrel from spruce;|
|Roof covered with wooden shingles;|
|Stainless steel tightening bands;|
|2 tempered glass windows in the back wall (brown);|
|Door with a lock and a tempered glass window;|
|Sauna benches from deciduous wood;|
|Benches for changing room;|
|For the saunas with a changing room inside glass door;|
|Heat-resistant plates for the heater/stove.|
|Size of pallets (LxWxH)||3.1 x 1.2 x 1.3m|
The sauna is delivered to a customer fully assembled* or not assembled, but fully complete, with detailed assembly instructions and drawings, and packed on a pallet (KIT)*. Two people can easily assemble this sauna barrel in 8 hours.
*Size of a 1.90 diameter assembled cargo (L x W x H): 3.1 x 2.03 x 2.09 m. Weight: 600-800 kg;
**Comment: sauna barrels with the glass back wall are delivered only fully assembled.
It is very important to have a proper foundation for your Sauna Barrel. Therefore we recommend making the foundation according to the sketches here. First of all, foundation must be prepared according to the landscape and ground conditions. Consult a qualified builder or an engineer to prepare a proper foundation, which fits your location. Make sure to complete the site preparation and the foundation before unpacking and assembling the Sauna.
USING YOUR SAUNA
PREPARING YOUR SAUNA FOR USE.
- If you have wood burning heater, make sure to remove the protective film of the heater chimney before heating.
- Check the Sauna before heating. No flammable objects must be left on or near the heater.
- Check that there is water in the water tank (if you are using it).
- Ensure that the Sauna door is unlocked and easy to open before using it. If necessary, sauna door must be adjusted by the customer.
- Do not mount any additional accessories or shelves above the heater.
- Turn the Sauna heater on.
- The thermometer should be located at head level in the Sauna. It should be further away from the heater, so it does not give a false reading.
- Wait for the Sauna to reach the required temperature (normally 80-90º C).
All users should be aware of the potential dangers and requirements prior to participation in the Sauna!
THINGS TO NOTE WHEN USING THE SAUNA
Enjoy the many health benefits of the relaxing heat of your Sauna. But remember: being inside the hot Sauna for long periods of time raises your body temperature, which may be dangerous, especially for those with a heart condition or other health risks. Generally, the
recommended time inside a Sauna is from 10 to 15 minutes. After a period of heating, take a 5 minute break and then repeat. Also:
- Familiarize yourself with the safety instructions and keep away from the heater when it is hot.
- Be very careful when moving in the Sauna, as the benches and floors may be slippery!
- The Sauna should not be used by pregnant women or very young children.
- Remove all jewelry before entering the hot Sauna.
Wood is a natural material and can change through time. Cracks of various sizes, structural or color changes are not the defects – rather, they are features of the wood. Natural wood (not impregnated) becomes grayish after being left untouched for a while. Later it can turn
blue and get covered with mold.
- Impregnate and paint the wood to protect the product from outside. We recommend to inspect Sauna every 6 month and evaluate need of re-impregnation, re-painintg.
- When not in use, keep a bucket full of water in the Sauna during summer.
- Doors of the Sauna must be adjusted regulary.
- You should keep the sauna ventilation open all the time, to allow it time to dry and air out to avoid mold.
- To remove bench stains, use a mild soapy water and a soft cotton cloth. This can also be used on the heater itself - just make sure it's off and completely cool when you clean it.
- Don't use harsh or abrasive chemicals on benches, as these can bleach and warp the wood, ruining the grain and turning it grey.
With these simple maintenance tips your Sauna will stay inviting, fresh, and enjoyable!